Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I knew i was going to be bad at keeping up with this blog thing! I think the most time consuming part for me is uploading the pictures. Anyway, I have skipped a few events, but really wanted to share about VBS this year! This was such an amazing year, not that the other years weren't! I remember seeing what group I got the first day and realized I had the youngest group and the majority of the group were boys, I wanted to hurt Jenny, and I thought at that point, maybe Jenny doesn't like me, and this is her way of punishing me! lol...j/k Jenny! But as the days went on I remembered why I love being with the little ones! They are so open to what you have for them, they have not lost that "childlike" faith yet, they are just starting it, and they just believe God and recieve what He has for them! When you tell them bible stories, you see the wonder in their face and wish you could get inside their head to see what they are thinking! Just little things like Jed asking if I was his "weada" (leader)is the best thing!Well here are some pics I took, this was my crew and Allie was such an awesome jr crew leader!



Here are some other reasons I love VBS....
Destiny got to invite and hang with her bff's from preschool, and share Jesus's love with them!!


My sisters love coming to vbs, they look forward to it all year! They don't get to go to church at home, so they embrace it when they are here!

Our little ones also got to learn about Jesus's love and how they should share! Noah is sharing his snack!


It's so fun to see kids dance in excitement for Jesus!


It's awesome to see our jr crew leaders being such great examples and loving on all the kids, they don't realize the impact they are making on these childrens lives!


Jen, did such a great job encouraging the kids to let loose and go crazy for Jesus, and that's just what they did!

It was so awesome to see this little boy Noah take up his daily challenge and invite, and bring a friend on the fourth day!


Oh..and you gotta love these moments, when Jed comes up to me and says " heaw(here) ms.Sewina, I have sometin foe you" and as I put out my hand, thinking it's a little flower or maybe even grass, I look down and it's abc gum...yeah...as he runs off to snack! That was great!

This picture is just priceless and speaks for itself!

It's so worth it, when you have a child that hardly ever smiles, and to see his face light up for goo!

Then there was little ms Avery...every time we sang songs and jen said, get your guitars ready, Avery was already on her knees, faces and all, playing her air guitar! Priceless!!



Vbs is also when I get to spend time with my god daughter Cece, who lives up north, she gave up her girl scout camping trip to come to Vbs, this was her last year, she is so excited to be a jr crew leader next year! She does not go to church at home either, so she looks forward to this every year! God is Awesome, and it's such a priveledge to be able to be links for her and my sisters in this way! She is a very shy girl, and it's great she got to make some friends while she was here!

I had another little dancer that I will always remember, Sarah, she is such a little girly girl, and she had this little dainty dance that was sooo cute, I will never forget that!


As Isaiah says Thank You for another year of VBS, we wait patiently and think of who else we can invite next year! Until then....Lord Thank You for all the kids and all the volunteers that were at VBS, and Thank You for Jenny, Darren, and Christopher! Thank you for the opportunity to be an impact in childrens lives!

No comments:

My DJ name

Your DJ Name Is:
DJ Screamin' Banana