Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Design My Kitchen!!!

Okay, so most of you know by know that Richie and I are remodeling our kitchen and restroom right now. I was given the "job" of picking out the paint colors, tile, and cabinets. There were too many options for my husband, so he left it up to me, well I was sent out to get paint today, and all I knew or thought was I wanted to go with a yellow, but "try" and do some kind of sponge paint thing! Ya....I know NOTHING about any of this! So anyway, I go to get the paint color, and oh..boy is it YELLOW! I tried to pick a not so bright yellow, but WOW...yellow is just yellow!! I walked into the dining room after the painter had about a quarter of it painted and thought....what was I thinking!!! We were planning on going with White cabinets, and some kind of tile in the there. BUT, now that I see this yellow, I dont think any earthtone tile is going to look good with white cabinets and yellow paint! When I was looking at paint color schemes I saw this "tuscan" color scheme that I really liked, so I picked that yellow, and was going to have accents of green, tan, and orange in there......K do you see the problem I have!! Richie was right! Yes, honey....YOU were right, there are too many options, and now I feel stuck! So I am asking anyone who has any ideas in this area for help!! I will put up pictures as soon as I figure out how to do that on this MAC!! :)-

3 comments:

Jenn Glenn said...

Don't be afraid of the yellow...any color you pick ALWAYS seems obnoxious for the first week (this coming from someone who has a green room/pink room/yellow room, etc...they all frightened me and screamed "what were you thinking" at first). Whatever inspiration pictures you have, bust out the magnets and put them up on your fridge. When you're not sure about what you're doing, refer back to them to reassure yourself, "It's okay." There is not a color in the world that looks good on the wall without accessorizing the room with other colors/textures. It sounds like your color scheme goes great with the current season...get a spice rack on the counter with lots of colorful spices...display a recipe book on a book stand and put a few pumpkins/gourds on the counter next to it...go pick a bunch of those cat-tail looking things (they have a ton of them on Seal Beach Blvd. at the shopping center across from the Shewfelts...I know cause I just did it) and display them in a tall vase on the counter (Ikea/Pier 1/Cost Plus have cheap vases and containers). Good luck!

Leanne said...

I might have some ideas once I see it. :o)

Selina said...

Wow!! Jenn, I knew you were creative, but you just blow my mind!! You just re-inspired me, THank You so much! right now, everything is gutted from our kitchen, but when we get cabinets, I just may need you to come and share your thoughts!! Your awesome! Thanks!

My DJ name

Your DJ Name Is:
DJ Screamin' Banana